The Lord has gifted so many in our church family with the desire to assist teachers in the tasks that need to be completed by a teacher. In assisting teachers with these tasks, we help free up their precious time so they may focus on other immediate needs of the classroom. These tasks could include but are not limited to some of the following examples:
- Help with grading and organizing assessments
- Organizing classroom library
- Stapling classroom materials
- Preparing reading bags for students
- Preparing notebooks for students
Following these tips will help make your volunteer time fun for you and helpful to the teacher:
- Communicate with the teacher
- Be flexible
- Don’t take it personally if the teacher doesn’t have time to chat.
- Remember that it is not your job to disciple the kids.
- Be reliable and on time
Requirements of Volunteer
- Age 18 and above
- Completed background check
- Sign up on the church’s bulletin board
Once you arrive at the school, please check in at the school office, get a visitor sticker and then go the teacher’s classroom.
Current Volunteer Requests from Teachers
- Elaine Simpson will be helping out Mrs. Henson on Mondays from 9:00-10:00.
- Libby Bruce will be helping out Mrs. Lamp from 10:00-10:30 on Tues/ Thursday
- Jenny Harris will be helping Mrs. Thompson. Jenny plans to assist from 2:00 to 2:30 on various days throughout the week as her work schedule allows.
Please see Roxanna Dabney if you would like to volunteer for Mrs. Henson’s class on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.