The Message of the Changed Lives
Acts 3:1-16King James Version (KJV)
3 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.
2 And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God:
10 And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.
11 And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon’s, greatly wondering.
12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
The Message of the Changed Lives
- The testimony was effective because the change was evident!
- The testimony was complete because the challenge was made!
- God wants us to share stories of changed lives to challenge others to believe!
A short testimony of members of Antioch Baptist Church in Conway, Arkansas, who lost everything when tornados ripped through the area.
The Message of Personal Experience
Acts 4:16-19; 5:27-32
- The apostles spoke so boldly because they were speaking of personal experiences.
- Their witness touched the heart of at least one of the elite, council members.
- God wants us to be bold and share how He has made a difference in our lives!
The Message of Wisdom from the Word
Acts 6:8-12; 7:1-52
- Stephen used his understanding of the Word as a defense of the Truth!
- His witness evoked such strong emotions that he became the first martyr!
- God wants us to know and understand His Word and use it to share the gospel!
The Message of Personal Transformation
- Paul used the details of his own life journey to show the amazing, transformational power of God.
- God wants to use your life story to share the gospel with others!
The Message of the Truth
- What message will you share with others?
- What kind of witness will you be? (Acts 1:8)