How well do we listen to our teachers?
How well were they listening?
How can we know and recognize the Voice of Truth?
- Listening to the Voice of the Spirit
Isaiah 30:20-21 (HCSB)
20 The Lord will give you meager bread and water during oppression, but your Teacher will not hide Himself any longer. Your eyes will see your Teacher,
21 and whenever you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear this command behind you: “This is the way. Walk in it.”
How can we know the way to walk in it?
John 14:16-17, 26 (KJV)
16 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Who is this Teacher that will keep you in the way?
- Jesus Christ is the Way!
- God sent the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ place!
- He lives in us to keep us in the Way!
Why do we sometimes fail to walk in the way?
- Remember Charlie Brown’s teacher…
- When we turn aside to sin, we fail to recognize His Voice instructing us.
- 1 John 4:19 – “19 We love him, because he first loved us.”
- We can decide at any given time to follow God fully—if we love Him.
What steps must we take to find the way and walk in it?
- Trust in Jesus as your Savior!
- Listen to the Spirit’s Voice—the Word!
- ‘The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.’ (John 6:63b ESV)
- Apply the Truth to your life!